DOGWALKER CHECKLIST - WHY CHOOSE CLUB PET NYC
Choosing a dogwalker, the individual who is responsible for the care of your beloved pet, is an important decision. Over 25 years ago, I started walking dogs in New York City. Over the years, Club Pet has earned a reputation for being one of, if not the very best, dog walking services in New York City. How did that happen, and what does that mean?
Firstly it might be good to go over some questions that a dog owner might consider asking a prospective dogwalker. Let's face it you are handing over a huge responsibility to the person who will be caring for your pet. Individual must be experienced, responsible, conscientious, and trustworthy.
Here are the most important questions for any prospective dogwalker.
All our dogwalkers are long-term employees with proven skills and great love for animals.
- What is your employment history and can you provide 3 client references ? (Call them)
- Can you provide one personal reference.
- Are you insured? If so the dogwalker should be able to provide you a copy of the certificate.
- If, God forbid, something should happen while on a walk what is the protocol?
- What happens if you are sick or need to go away?
- What are your hours of operation and what would happen if I needed a late night walk?
- What kind of training do you have - and what kind of supervision do provide to your dogwalkers?
- How do you screen your walkers - do you run security and credit checks?
- Do you or have you ever owned a dog and if so how would you go about housebreaking a puppy? What kind of training techniques do you adhere to?